Another Damn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Damn Forum

A place for friends to discuss, relate and relax.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to all new members!! Please stop in the Welcome Wagaon, located in "Announcements" and introduce yourself!!
Another Damn Forum is now up and running!!
Memberships are FREE!! So please join today and find out what everyone's talking about!

Food Network and their Stars??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

Food Network and their Stars?? Empty
PostSubject: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:20 am

Ok, because I so loved the thread at the other place, I just had to start another one here..or at least continue it from where it left off. However, since it's not longer an actual.."flame", I'm posting it here. Wink

JD you said:

Quote :
I have seen Melissa's show, I really like her. I totally rooted for her, after Michael was eliminated...I really wanted him to win!!! I think he'd be refreshing, and if he got over his camera issues...I LOVED him. (My BFF Steven says I am a homo magnet... ) I really hated Jeffery...And my friends and I thought Alton hated him too...THE INGREDIENT SMUGGLER?! That is the WORST name for a show ever...We called Jeffery "creepy crepe guy" after one of the episodes...

The Neely's make me want to gag, and Sandra Lee needs to go back to designing window dressings gadgets...Blech. Sunny is good, when she doesn't laught at her own jokes all the time...Her food is good.

I am SO going to try that pumpkin recipe...I love pumpkin, but I can only have it in small amounts...I'm allergic to beta carotene. (I'll suffer...It sound heavenly.)

What I love about Paula, is how she takes care of her sons, and provided for them...She's such a nice mom! And her mashed potato casserole thingie? TO DIE FOR! I also wanted to try Melissa's orange chicken...Yummy.

I seriously think all of us wives and Moms on a budget should call Food Network and complain!

darlin'..I couldn't agree with you MORE! I think if enough of us, got together and said something..over and over, they might have to stop and take a listen. Wink

In today's economy, even working moms, need something that's not just fast to put together, but something that isn't going to end up costing the same amount of our budgeted groceries for the week!! That's why I LOVE melissa's show. She's right on point.

Sandra's money saving show?? Who else is she blowing to get that second show? And where the hell does she get her information?? She tries to say, the indrediants she uses are ALL things already stored in OUR kicthen. Well, news flash..I do NOT keep those items on hand (ie, black beans and sourdough buns!) Her money saving "tips" end up costing me more then if i'd just made the crap myself!! (refer back to my comment about making the damn pudding!)

She's a hack. Period. And when she breaks down the cost of the meals she prepares, she's misleading those viewers. look up her one show where she made homemade pizza and said the break down for four people was something like only .65 cents a person!! Maybe for the sauce! but not the entire meal. She's slap crazy man! For the entire cost to BUY everything I don't already keep on hand (fresh pizza dough from the bakery!! and pepperoni!!) for UNDER ten bucks, I can ride up the street (under the cost of a gallon of gas used to get there and back) and grab a LARGE supreme pizza for 5.99!! With drinks and gas, we end up paying around 8.50. She's not saving me any money by making it at home! Argh!

I loved Michael too. He was just so fun to watch. It's a shame he couldn't get past his camera shyness. He would have been great. Maybe they can have him come on Melissa's show as a special guest. They worked so good together in the competition.

Did you see they're doing a new one called "The Next Iron Chef"? I wonder if Mario is finally leaving, or they realized no one really likes Michael Symon because no one EVER picks him. HAHA!
Back to top Go down
keora
keora

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:23 am

Racahel Ray all the way Wink
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:29 am

keora wrote:
Racahel Ray all the way Wink

Dude, Rachel is getting just as bad for meal ideas. She's totally stretching to find things to make anymore, and half the stuff she DOES come up with ( mostly her "infusion" cooking) all leaving me with a gaping mouth asking.."whaaa?"

She's seriously overworked and needs to cut back some of her shows. How many does she have now?? Like..4? Seriously..

Back to top Go down
keora
keora

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:12 am

3 or 4 i'm not sure. But I only like 30 minute meals Smile
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:25 am

That's the show I'm having the hardest time watching anymore. Her meal ideas are stretched, bit time. And you can just SEE that she's wore out you know? Or like, she just doesn't look happy doing it anymore because of all the other stuff she's doing.

I dunno, it just shows IMO.
Back to top Go down
keora
keora

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:32 am

She is too over worked, and i think she need to just have one show.

Oh and this really doesn't belong here - it's more a reality show, but i like that cake contest show, and Cake Boss Smile (the cake contest show on food network not TLC that one is a rip off!) lol
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:36 am

Are you modding me? *flexes with a stearn look*

Are..you...modding...ME?
Back to top Go down
keora
keora

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:37 am

haha No no - i was modding myself, cause cake boss is a reality show LOL
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 am

*stops flexing and smiles*

My bad! And yeah, cake boss is good. I like that show. Did you see the one where the bridezilla ruined the cake he'd made for her???

OMG! I'da slapped her down where she stood.

I haven't seen the cake contest show on TLC, but seen the previews. Cake Challenge is sooo much better on FN. They are amazingly talented and blow me away constantly with the things they create. From cake!!

Altho, the last one i saw, the contestants work ...it umm, didn't look as good as some of the other's ive seen. It looked extremely amatureish.
Back to top Go down
keora
keora

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:46 am

that bridezilla needed to be smacked big time, and then she wouldn't even come out and say thanks for making the cake again! when he coulda said fuck it!
I loved the ep where His sister got bitched out for being rude to the customers! She's something else!

The contest show on FN is awsome - The last one i saw was a relay where the women didn't get along and their cake was awful, but they won. it didn't make sense! :-P
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:48 am

Sometimes to me, who they do choose to win...never makes sense. LOL

What about the Cake Boss when Buddy had to make that bachelorette cake of make strippers??? And his mom flipped out on the penises!!!
Back to top Go down
keora
keora

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:58 am

Hahaha That was awsome! I love Buddy's mom!!

I like the episode where he made the lobster tails for the pregnant lady, she was so happy to have all the treats.
Honestly, i just like watching the show because buddy gets so into his job, and excited.
i liked the wedding cake he made with the doves in it, he takes so much pride in his job.
I'd hire him to make my cakes!
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:07 pm

I'd hire him and I'd so hire Duff. The stuff he creates from a simply picture just floors me.

His crew is some of the most talented artists I've seen. They amaze me with the details and stuff. Just awesome.
Back to top Go down
just-darling
just-darling

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:28 pm

I love Duff and Buddy...That bride made me SO pissed... Evil or Very Mad Poor guy! The mother had to of been mortified...

I HATE Sandra's "money saving show" It is SOOOOO annoying. Then again...She is such a pain in the heinie!!! Evil or Very Mad YUCK!!!

I am so excited about GLEE tonight! As a complete choir geek for years, this show is like my crack, and it's not campy either! It's well done and they are all so talented...*sigh* YAY!!!

New Top Chef and Real World and So You Think You Can Dance tonight too! Thank Goodness for DVR.

PS: Love Rachel Ray, but she needs to take a break. And eat a sandwich.
Back to top Go down
SoulStorm64
SoulStorm64

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:26 pm

I remember sitting with Chicklette and watching Sandra on TV together, bitching about how stupid her stuff was and who she had to blow to get a show in the first place when it was so stupid.... When we couldn't watch it together in real life, we'd watch it and type to each other on yahoo. B asked us once why we watched it if we hated it so much.... We said cuz it's therapeutic to bitch about her while watching her show. It gave us a reason and a chance to be catty to someone without feelings being hurt. It was a bonding thing for us, I think.... *Smiles* Fun times... Huh, Chicky?

I love Racheal, Bobby, Emeril, Paula, Alton, Guy.... I haven't seen many of the newer ones cuz WB doesn't like cooking shows. I do occasionally get to watch something during her taking a nap or something. The Next Iron Chef looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. I watched a Chefography on Guy... I've always liked him, but now I like him better. I didn't like Paula to begin with, but after seeing a Chefography on her, and seeing what she went through to get where she is, I gave her a chance and found out how much fun she is. She's a serious flirt. Paula's Party with Blake Shelton on it? I laughed my ass off....

Yeah. I love the food network, and could almost watch it 24/7. (I know I can, I have.)
Back to top Go down
SoulStorm64
SoulStorm64

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:30 pm

OMG!! I forgot Duff!! I suck. He and his crew are some of the most creative artists I've seen anywhere. Yes, they are artists and their canvas is cake. I love everyone on that show with a special weakness for Mary Alice and Geof. And Duff, of course. Wink
Back to top Go down
just-darling
just-darling

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:52 pm

I want to work at Charm City Cakes...I totally will help with all that extra cake they end up with when they carve! Laughing
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Quote :
I remember sitting with Chicklette and watching Sandra on TV together, bitching about how stupid her stuff was and who she had to blow to get a show in the first place when it was so stupid

Darlin'...I distinctly remember YOU telling ME, that Sandra Lee wasn't so bad. That YOU enjoyed her show, and thought her table scapes were creative and fun looking.

YOU used to tell me, you didn't see why I had such a problem with her.

Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
SoulStorm64
SoulStorm64

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:16 pm

I also agreed that she was in general stupid and had no personality. Some of her tablescapes were cool, and some of her recipes were kinda appealing. We both agreed that she was a lush, too. I understood why you had the problem with her cuz she's annoying as hell. I just have this nasty ability to find good in the worst of people. Gets me into trouble cuz it looks like I'm defending deadbeats. It was funny as hell listening to you rag on her, though, which prolly contributed to me defending her. You're so cute when you're scrappy. lol!
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:19 am

Haha..

So last night, when I was typing the above response, B came over and was reading over my shoulder. He asked who I was talking about and I said.."Sandra Lee"

He goes.."OH, you hate her."
"I know."
"She's a cock sucking whore huh baby?"

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:20 am

And I would SO work at CCC. I love those guys. They all have such amazing talent, and they're such an ecclectic group. But then most artists are kinda you know?

They all just have, that..twisted, sarcastic sense of humor and that is so my style.

I'd be fat as could be if I worked there, but I'd have a good time that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Hey is it just me, or did Melissa's show this weekend, totally not follow the theme she went with the entire tme she was on NFNS?? It could be just my take on it, but doesn't Linguine and Shrimp seem a bit sophistacated then what she preached and preached while competing??
Back to top Go down
just-darling
just-darling

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Haven't seen that one, but it sounds...Expensive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food Network and their Stars??   Food Network and their Stars?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food Network and their Stars??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Another Damn Forum :: - Bits and Pieces - :: FN and Their "Stars"-
Jump to: