Another Damn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Damn Forum

A place for friends to discuss, relate and relax.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to all new members!! Please stop in the Welcome Wagaon, located in "Announcements" and introduce yourself!!
Another Damn Forum is now up and running!!
Memberships are FREE!! So please join today and find out what everyone's talking about!

State Fair Funnel Cake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

State Fair Funnel Cake Empty
PostSubject: State Fair Funnel Cake   State Fair Funnel Cake Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:02 am

Who doesn't love the deep fried goodness of cake batter?? Seriously, I go to carnivals and state fairs, just for the funnel cake. Very Happy

So, while perusing various websites, I have finally found the best funnel cake recipe on the planet. I tweaked one thing, and thus have created a master piece.

It's so easy to make..and fast too. I will say this tho, the batter comes out seriously thick so don't attempt to use a funnel. It's just too thick to pass thru. The best way to get it into the oil is by using a freezer sized storage bag with a corner cut to easily squeeze it out.

Ingrediants:
  • 3 2/3 Cups of flour
  • 3 Eggs
  • 2 Cups of milk
  • 1/4 Cup of sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt

vegetable oil (for frying)

Directions:

• Pour roughly two to three inches of vegetable oil into a deep pan or frying skillet, turn heat to med-high and allow it to come to heat. To check for right temparute without using a thermometor, drop a tiny piece of bread into oil. If it bubbles immediately, it's ready..if it sinks it's not. DO NOT SPLASH WATER ONTO OIL TO CHECK TEMPS. THIS WILL CAUSE SPLATTERING AND BURNS CAN RESULT.
  • While oil is heating, Beat eggs and sugar together, then add milk slowly. Add the dry indrediants and beat until smooth and creamy.
  • Pour batter into a large storage bag, removing one corner to pipe into oil.
  • Once the oil is hot, hover the bag over the oil and squeeze batter into any pattern (commonly used is circular motion)
  • Let it cook on one side till the edges start to turn golden. Flip and cook the other side. About two to three minutes on each side.
  • Remove and drain on papertowels to remove excess oil.
  • Sprinkle with powdered sugar, add favorite fruit topping, or drizzle with glaze or syrup.
  • Serve warm.

We make ourselves sick on this treat. It's so amazingly good, and when you see how easy it is to make this carnival fun treat in your own kitchen, you'll never want to hunt for them again. Smile
Back to top Go down

State Fair Funnel Cake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Another Damn Forum :: - Bits and Pieces - :: Recipes by You-
Jump to: