Another Damn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Damn Forum

A place for friends to discuss, relate and relax.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to all new members!! Please stop in the Welcome Wagaon, located in "Announcements" and introduce yourself!!
Another Damn Forum is now up and running!!
Memberships are FREE!! So please join today and find out what everyone's talking about!

Southern Fried Chicken

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

Southern Fried Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Southern Fried Chicken   Southern Fried Chicken Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Southern Fried chicken is not just a dish, where I come from, it's a staple. Here's a great, buttermilk batter recipe that anyone who loves fried chicken, will love this.

• 2-3 Pounds of frying chicken (we use thighs)
  • 2 Cups of buttermilk. (For those not wanting to spend extra money getting buttermilk for just this recipe here's what you can do: To the milk you already have, add 1 tbsp of either lemon juice, or vinegar. 1 tbsp to 1 Cup of milk)
  • 1 Cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
  • 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Pepper
  • 1 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Paprika

Vegetable oil for frying; about an inch deep in the pan.

1. Wash chicken and then pat dry. Place into an air tight, sealable bag or container and pour buttermilk over chicken pieces. Place in refrigerator and let soak for 2-3 hours.

2. Pour about an inch of oil into a deep skillet, and turn to med-high heat.

3. Drain chicken and place into either a plastic or paper bag, (or use another deep dish as I do) to coat the chicken with the flour evenly.

4. Add chicken to the hot oil, browning on both sides about 3-4 minutes. Do this in batches if you need to.

5. Once all the chicken is browned on both sides, drain some of the excess oil if needed, crowd all the chicken back into the skillet. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover and let cook for 35-40 minutes; turning occassionally.

6. Remove cover; turn heat back to med-high and crisp skin for 6-8 minutes (3-4 minutes for each side) on both sides.

7. Serve at once!
Back to top Go down
DontWorryBeHappy
DontWorryBeHappy

PostSubject: Re: Southern Fried Chicken   Southern Fried Chicken Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:55 pm

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fried chicken...

I add some Franks Red Hot Sauce to the buttermilk just to give it that extra kick...

Thanks for sharing and now I need to get some more recipies out there cause your kickin my ASS
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Southern Fried Chicken   Southern Fried Chicken Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Haha. you know, I spend soooo much of my time researching recipes and then trying them that B's had to buy me three big ass binders to keep them all in. I'm obsessed with good food, what can I say???

By the way, I got more. I'm just not wanting to hog the boards. hahaha..

HEY! We should SO do a cookie swap for the holidays!! I've done it once before with a friend of mine from mj, and we had a blast.

Who's game??
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Southern Fried Chicken   Southern Fried Chicken Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:14 pm

I almost forgot!!

I add Pete's sometimes, depending on if the boy looks like he'll eat the chicken to start with. He's picky sometimes and won't always eat what's put before him. Sad

But I like that added kick of spice and think it gives it some more depth.

I take it you're a wing girl too huh?? I got some wing sauce recipes that are KILLER.

I'ma have to find them now. lol
Back to top Go down
DontWorryBeHappy
DontWorryBeHappy

PostSubject: Re: Southern Fried Chicken   Southern Fried Chicken Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:46 pm

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE my wings LOL.. AND I make some really good ones too. I just made them for my friends Bday on Sunday. - My trick is a season the wings with garlic pepper and Seasoned Salt then add equal parts of corn starch and flour. Then I deep fry them in my cast iron dutch oven until really crispy... My problem is I buy wing sauce.. I want to make my own. Everyone like when I add the sauce then broil them again to have the sauce soak in and they are not dripping... ME I like dripping with sauce... MMMMMMMMMMM now I want wings again LOL
Back to top Go down
chicklette
Admin
Admin
chicklette

PostSubject: Re: Southern Fried Chicken   Southern Fried Chicken Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:57 am

Wings that are dripping in the sauce, are the best. Unless it's the flavor of the wing, isn't supposed to be saucey. Then, coated in the seasoning and fried is the bomb.

I've got a pretty good wing sauce recipe you might like. Spice is, in my opinion..always to taste and that's what makes it so universal. As soon as I can find it, I'll post it here for you.

BUT, you gotta let me know when you try it. I'm always curious about what other's thing of the recipes I share. You know, feedback on what they liked, didn't like and what they may have done differently. Then just kinda compare with each one's notes and changes.

Lord, am I a food geek or what??

I'll find that recipe today!
Back to top Go down
just-darling
just-darling

PostSubject: Re: Southern Fried Chicken   Southern Fried Chicken Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks Guys, I'm at School and Starving....Talking about wings is not helping! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Fried Chicken   Southern Fried Chicken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Fried Chicken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Another Damn Forum :: - Bits and Pieces - :: Recipes by You-
Jump to: